Happy November everyone!! My FAVORITE holiday is right around the corner.
Thanksgiving, in my opinion, is the perfect holiday. There’s a chill in the air, there are no presents to stress over, it’s all about family, being thankful, and FOOODDDD. So much food. Wonderfully indulgent foods 🤤. But just because it’s a food holiday doesn’t mean it must come with the guilt! My mom has been making corn casserole since I was little. It’s a super quick and easy recipe that has been a crowd pleaser at any gathering.
Per request, I bring the corn casserole to every Friendsgiving and even Brad’s (my manfriend) parents have asked about it ever since I started making it for them a couple Easter’s ago! I’m telling you, this is the no fail recipe that your entire family will love!
And now the Queen of Corn (my mama) has passed the baton down to me! Which of course means a recipe with a better-for-you substitution 🤗 now don’t get me wrong, this recipe is still an indulgent treat with the butter and cornbread mix, but the point is to tweak in order to make things a little less awful for you without you having to give up the foods that make you happy. It’s thanksgiving after all! My mom always used sour cream in her recipe, I simply sub out the sour cream for non fat Greek yogurt. It still has the nice creamy texture, but with far less calories (save them for the pie) and the yogurt has no saturated fats. Sounds good to me!
Now, this recipe is made for a gathering of people (last nights Friendsgiving had about 18-20 people), feel free to half the recipe if you’re just making it at home on a regular night. Use a smaller pan tho. You want it to be nice and fluffy. I’ve also added jalapeño to it and it is sooooooo good. So if you’re feeling extra frisky give that a try too!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cans of cream corn
- 2 cans of sweet corn (drained!) I get the no salt added cans. Just a personal preference.
- 16 oz of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 stick of butter (I use salted)
- 2 Jiffy cornbread mix
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray your 9×13 pan
- Put butter in microwave safe bowl. Put bowl in microwave until butter is mostly melted.
- In same bowl as butter, add your corns, your yogurt, and your jiffy mix.
- Stir it all up until well mixed. No need for. Mixer. Just a kitchen spoon will do. You don’t want to break up the corn kernels too much.
- Pour contents into your pan and pop it in the oven for 1 hour!
Easy peasy and your family will love it!